The Prince George’s County Public Schools will host three forums seeking input on potential boundary changes, grade structures and program changes. After these hearings school officials will use input to advise Interim Superintendent Crawley about any and all future changes to the below mentioned programs. Before taking effect Dr. Crawley will place his recommendations before the Board of Education for a vote.
Join Dr. Crawley, officials at the Department of Pupil Accounting and board members for these very important hearings.
Items to be discussed include:
- Realigning the boundaries of Oxon Hill High to accommodate the reduced capacity of the replacement building
- Information regarding the new Hyattsville Area Elementary
- Transforming Accokeek Academy to a true K-8 by aligning elementary and secondary boundaries
- Consolidating the elementary and secondary Deaf & Hard of Hearing programs at William Hall Academy
- Implementing the following 6th grade to middle school conversions:
• Benjamin Tasker Middle: Woodmore Elementary
• Ernest Everett Just Middle: Ardmore Elementary & Woodmore Elementary
• Greenbelt Middle: Magnolia Elementary
• Hyattsville Middle: Hyattsville Elementary & Riverdale Elementary
•Walker MillMiddle: Capitol Heights Elementary & John Bayne Elementary
Joseph Lynn Kitchen Jr. is an ordained Baptist minister from Prince George’s County, MD where he serves as a community leader on issues of education reform, public transportation and youth empowerment. Joseph is Executive Vice-President of the Young Democrats of Maryland and National Policy and Platform Director of the Young Democrats of America’s Minority Caucus. He is also a member of the WMATA Metro Advisory Council representing Prince George’s County. Learn more about Joseph’s work at www.josephkitchen.com.